Homosexuality has existed from time immemorial, as far back as when same sex persons ever came in contact. Africa is said to be the cradle of human race, it therefore can be logically inferred that homosexuality started in Africa, before human race started migrating to other places to spread its branches in different colours, shapes and sizes. Many African cultures and religions viewed Homosexuals and Transgender as gods, they were revered before intolerant religion and culture started flourishing. It was the advent of colonisation and the import of foreign laws like Sodomy laws that brought Homophobia and intolerance into African societies.
Traditional African homosexuality has learned from West | 76 CRIMES -
May 8, 2012
[...] Homosexuality Is Not Unafrican! (nigerianlgbtindiaspora.wordpress.com) [...]
Every little helps, every voice counts. Kindly Donate towards our Advocacy Calendar projectJail the Gays Bill
- Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT law.
- Dear friend, I’m going to prison. Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT Law.
- Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT Law: Love Not Hate!
- Open Letter To Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Nigerian LGBTIs in Diaspora condemns signing of the ‘Jail the Gays’ bill.
Must read posts
Nigeria LGBTIs in Diaspora Against Anti Same-Sex Laws unequivocally condemns the passing of the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition bill by the Nigerian House of Representatives. The draconian bill was passed in a voice vote on Thursday 30 May, 2013 by members of the House of Representatives. The bill stipulates a 14 years jail term for […]
Position Paper Of Nigerian LGBTI In Diaspora Against Anti Same Sex Laws At The Public Hearing Of The Same Sex Marriage Bill Titled “An Act To Prohibit Marriage Between Persons Of Same Gender, Solemnization Of Same And For Other Matters Related Therewith”
It is with deep concern that we stand before you today as Nigerian Lesbians, gays , bisexuals , Transsexuals and Intersex living in Diaspora to express our concerns about the bill before the house and bring to the attention of honourable senators how this bill affects us as Nigerian citizens. It is indeed sad that […]
- Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT law. February 21, 2014
- Dear friend, I’m going to prison. Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT Law. February 8, 2014
- Protest rally against Nigeria’s Anti-LGBT Law: Love Not Hate! January 29, 2014
- Open Letter To Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) January 28, 2014
- Nigerian LGBTIs in Diaspora condemns signing of the ‘Jail the Gays’ bill. January 15, 2014